ABOUT ANA LAURA
Ana Laura Moreno Méndez is currently studying law in Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY). While attending UADY, by her third year she has been awarded for her outstanding grades and extracurricular activities. Her passions are Public International Law, Diplomacy, and Languages, at the moment, with Spanish being her mother language, she is fluent in English and French and is currently learning Chinese.
Ana Laura’s principal values are persistence, determination, resilience, and dedication. She applies these values in everything she does and she will always give her best in order to obtain the best results.
Attorney-to-be Ana understands the importance of having empathy with every client she works with and firmly agrees with the fact cooperation and communication are key. She is committed to continuously learn and working very hard in order to safeguard the interests of the people she represents and especially, to foment the peaceful settlement of disputes.
Currently studying the sixth semester of a Law Degree at Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY), which she entered with the highest grade on the admission exam.
“Combating Human Trafficking in Human Beings” organized by the Council of Europe through the Program “Human Education Legal Professionals” (HELP).
French summer course in Collége Saint-Charles Garnier, Université Laval, Quebec, Canadá.
She has certifications in three different languages:
– Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF), level B2, awarded by the French Ministry of National Education through the Alliance Française in Mérida, Yucatán.
– First Certificate Exam (FCE), level C1 due to her outstanding grade, awarded by the Cambridge University.
– Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) the Pinyin version for 汉语水平考试, meaning “Chinese Proficiency Test”, level 1, awarded through the Confucius Institute in Mérida, Yucatán.
She has been invited to participate in many forums and presentations, both national and international, such as:
– The “National Mexican Coronavirus Online Summit” organized by the International Diplomacy Platform (IDP).
– “Youth Against COVID-19” organized by Global Muners.
– The colloquium “Corruption and impunity: Mexico’s pending problem”, carried out in the Anti-Corruption Week organized by the Committee of Citizen Participation of the State Anti-Corruption System of Yucatán.
– Youth and Civil Society Forum carried out during the COP13.
Participate in the “National Mexican Coronavirus Online Summit” organized by the International Diplomacy Platform (IDP) in 2020.
Awards and honors
Ana Laura has participated in two national and one international round of Jessup Moot Court. In the first national rounds, her team obtained the award “Spirit of the Jessup and in the last national rounds, her team was the sixth-best, UADY was the public university with the highest score and she was the tenth best oralist among other 52 participants.
She has experience as Delegate, Chair, member of the Secretariat, and Secretary-General in 25 different Model United Nations (MUN), national and international. The two most important to remark being her honorific mention in the Future We Want Model United Nations (FWWMUN) in New York City and her participation as President of the UNICEF Committee in the MUN of the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADYMUN), which was the first committee in a third language, French, held by a public university in Mexico.
She has also been awarded by her university both for her trajectory as an outstanding participant in many extracurricular activities and for her grades which are among the best out of the 300 hundred students in her generation.